Monday, January 08, 2007

So long, Harvard!

It's been nice, but I'm moving on.

I've landed a nice job with some wonderful folks at the University of Hartford, working as the Head of Technical Services in their libraries. I start Wednesday.

I'm really excited to start the new job, even though I'll miss my cow-orkers here at Lamont. This also means I'll be moving at some point. I can commute by car for a while -- and actually, it's shorter than my current trek to Cambridge -- but we'll relocate as soon as feasible.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is great! I wish you all the best in your new position.

Liz
NCC

Ben Ide said...

Thanks!

Me, Myself and I said...

I've been meaning to email you to see when you're starting in Hartford - I guess you started today! I hope it was a good day, and I hope the commute wasn't too bad. (Hmmm, are you taking I84? I hate that highway, seriously.)
so you'll be moving to CT? that's great (for me, anyway). maybe someday I'll even get to see you again. if you need any help house hunting or whatever, let me know. I know the area pretty well, since I grew up in a rural suburb of CT. Colchester is the current fav town for middle class people w/ kids, for example. and it's only an hour from New Haven. although, I too will be moving, I think. this spring, if it works out.