Monday, April 26, 2010

Auric Goldfinger

There's something about taking a long road trip that brings out the best and the worst in people. Well, at least the worst. And just in me, really. By the time I got out of the car I stank like the stinkity stankiest stunk I've every smelled. Seriously, I offended myself deeply. Remember that marathon treadmill run in the boiler room of that senior center? The one next to the cheese factory? Yeah, I smelled like that.

I have to show you the pictures from Graceland. It was everything I thought it would be, and a lot more. Now I really know why people consider it the American Pilgrimage. I took lots of pictures with my phone, which is about as low quality as one could imagine, so I'll clean them up a bit before I post them all. If you know where my Google photo album is, you can see a few of them now.

Now we are traveling from one corner of Tennessee to the other, Memphis being in the lower left and Knoxville in the upper right. Anyone hoping for a "souvenir" from our nations gold depository can just go on hoping. This car is loaded up enough as it is.

No comments: