Monday, May 21, 2007

Another One of Those Days

It's another one of those days where I get a tune stuck in my head.

I know, it happens to you all the time, too. (By the way, if you're the kind of person who is very susceptible to memes, I recommend that you stop reading right now.)

This isn't any ordinary tune, this tune stuck in my head. Oh, no. It's a Frankentune. A monster.

It's like the one I had in college. Beethoven's Ode to Joy from his 9th Symphony. Only sung in lousy German by Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton.

That was bad.

This one is not as bad. It's one line from Deep Purple's My Woman from Tokyo sung over and over. The title line, actually.

Only, instead of "My woman from Tokyo" it's "My neighbor is Totoro."

Over and over and over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate when that happens. when I was moving a few weeks ago, and the stereo and other assorted electronics had all been disconnected and packed up, I got, of all things, an Ann Murray christmas song in my head; "Me-e-e-ry Christmas, Da-ar-ling". I wanted to scream. when you move, make sure to keep some kind of radio or something avl for the last 24 hrs!
Elaine